Thread: Omega vs Rolex
View Single Post
Old 24 June 2017, 03:14 PM   #38
Marcus09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
i have compared the po 8500 crown to the triplock crown and found that the screw down thread in the PO is more durable that the threads didnt get worn out as much

Neither get worn out. The question is, what happens if you forgot to close the crown:
1. One hit on a rock and the PO is done for.
2. The PO won't be waterproof anymore whereas the triplock will; believe me, I tried it by mistake on my Daytona where I forgot it open and nothing happened (though I panicked [emoji23]).
3. That same triplock is the exact same one used on the submariner, the seadweller, and the deepsea (3900m) and also the same design as the deepsea challenge (over 10km).
4. Omega crowns don't get special treatments between their models; the crown wearing the (excellent) moonwatch (50m) is the same as their seamaster counterparts, with the difference that the latter models have the ability to lock down.
5. Please don't tell me how did you ever found out that the omega crown is more durable than that of Rolex since I, on my part, found out the hard way: my dad's omega crown just stopped working and as you know, that's the end of a watch life; whereas my uncle still has his old submariner and is in perfect condition.

I am sure that Omega are great watches and I always had omegas since 2002 (5 omegas in fact) but they're not even close to what Rolex watches are. My co-axial Aqua-terra (42.2mm) fell down on the floor while I was wearing it in my house and just stopped working. My diver 300 was going to fall down just because the bracelet lock decided to get loose for no reason... imagine that happened if I was swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk