View Single Post
Old 26 June 2017, 04:34 AM   #10
Alford78
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone but how well does the bracelet wear concerning scratches? If this was a piece you would eventually trade up would you wear it very very infrequently because of its acceptability of scratching or would you just use extra caution with wrist presence?

I'm trying to eventually trade up to my grail PP Perp Cal Chrono so this will be a watch that will need to keep pretty clean in general. That's why I asked about if there would be situations where choosing a clasp model for certain days ever comes into play. I know quite a few people that wear gold bracelet watches all the time but PP finishes all their SS metal watches so finely that they are known to scratch rather easily so trying to get a feel about how the RG wears compared to PP SS and vs other manufacturers. I hope that makes sense.

The above is one reason why I'm having problems choosing between the 5164r and the 5711r. I truly do like the 5711r full bracelet but not if I will be forced to wearing it very very sparingly. I view it as a causal sports watch which is in line with the 5164r which could be worn very often.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by Alford78; 26 June 2017 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Alford78 is offline   Reply With Quote