View Single Post
Old 29 June 2017, 12:33 PM   #52
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

I've bought/sold probably 50+ watches. I know what is to be expected with normal wear and tear. This is beyond that, did you see all of the pictures I posted? He listed the watch as excellent condition with LITTLE noticeable wear. That is so clearly not the case. The watch is literally 100% covered in scratches. I do not think there is one square mm on the watch that is not covered by scratches.

I am sorry but in no universe does that qualify as excellent condition I don't care what arbitrary rules you use to classify the condition. Especially since the pictures were taken in such ways to mask any imperfections. If that was the case where its "normal" wear and tear, then why did none of his photos show any signs of scratches. I'm sorry but looking at his pictures the only sign of scratches I see are on the clasp and THAT is expected with normal wear and tear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
The description doesn't say mint or near mint, which would mean no scratches to just about everyone. Excellent, on the other hand, is open to some interpretation.

The seller says he wore it in a rotation, and the condition is reflective of a watch that is worn regularly. There's no mention of being polished. A buyer should expect all the swirls and scratches that come with regular wear.
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote