View Single Post
Old 1 July 2017, 12:30 AM   #73
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
The seller is a longstanding member of the forum. I find it hard to believe that he would intentionally deceive another member, however, I don't doubt what the OP is saying and based on the pictures, I agree that the watch was misrepresented.

I do think it's odd that the seller went MIA. It looks like he hasn't signed on for about a week. If he is not responding to calls/texts, maybe something happened. I think it's fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope everything gets resolved.
I agree that's the hardest part about this to understand - and the most disturbing. It undermines the cohesiveness of this forum if an established member can behave in such a way. Whatever the motive, the majority of us at least seem to agree that this watch was grossly misrepresented to the buyer. Hopefully there's an explanation for the lack of folowup and he ultimately makes it right.

It's indeed very strange and disheartening, but there have been long standing members with 1000's of posts that have ended up on the banned list. How this happens after years of good behavior and substantial participation? Who knows, but just like the highly touted "trusted sellers", they're only trusted until they're not.

Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote