View Single Post
Old 28 July 2017, 01:50 AM   #1
DocKen
"TRF" Member

Another new member from New Jersey

I have been lurking here for quite some time, but I finally decided to register and become an official member. 25-years ago, when I got married, my wife bought me a “nice” Movado Museum Sport watch and several years later she bought me a beautiful gold watch. (Yes, she is very good to me!) I wear a suit every day, so wearing a nice watch goes with the look, but I was not bit by the watch bug until recently.

Two years ago, I picked up a TAG Heuer Aquaracer and last year I got a Breitling Superocean Héritage. However, it seems, those were just stepping stones. Watches can be a dangerous addiction!

As a younger man, I did not think very highly of Rolex. Well, that’s not quite accurate – I looked down on the stereotypical “Yuppies” of the 1980s and I transferred my negative feelings about the Yuppies to their watches. Now, with the benefit of age (and hopefully, some more maturity), I have come to appreciate Rolex . . . and I need to have one.

I have a BIG birthday coming up later this year and a new Rolex will be coming my way. After spending much time on the Rolex website and in various ADs, I decided on the Datejust 41. Even though this watch doesn’t seem to get a lot of love here, it speaks to me. I have picked a two-tone (rose gold) with fluted bezel, jubilee band and chocolate face. In fact, my wife already bought the watch and has it put away until my birthday.

I'm looking forward to being part of the club!
DocKen is offline   Reply With Quote