View Single Post
Old 7 August 2017, 02:20 PM   #85
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
It makes sense to do it this way but the other guy in this thread said he knows that Patek and Larry P. decide. Based on what is what I wonder about. How would Patek and Larry P. have info on 600 customers.
Martin, I can only comment from a UK perspectibe having gone through the process on certain watches. They definately allocate to the individual and not to the AD. If they don't know you or your collection or your intent on ownership, they will not allocate. I think there have been some examples here on TRF where "big hitters" despite throwing cash at the watches dont get allocations of LE's. At my AD (on the 5650) both myself and another individual were cleared by Rhone for the allocation. They didnt mind if either of us were the recipient and would issue papers to either of us. As I have my eye on another piece it was an easy call for me to drop out and thus the AD allocated to the other party. If both of us dropped out then Rhone would reallocate to another AD where perhaps they had more approved names but fewer pieces allocated. In fact some AD's work together. If one AD has too many cleared names but not enough pieces allocated he may very well pass on one of his names to another dealer who perhaps doesnt have a cleared name. That way everyone wins....
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote