View Single Post
Old 13 August 2017, 11:43 AM   #35
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonboy View Post
This comment isn't aimed at any "trusted seller" in particular. I've noticed over the years that some TS give as little information as possible on some watches, just enough in my opinion to get a sale to an uninitiated buyer. Some TS never mention that the watch has been polished and every time I've inquired (when it isn't stated in the listing) the answer has always been - yes. They knew it had been polished but chose to not mention it, hoping that an uninitiated buyer would come along and not ask the question. Plus, in these instances of being somewhat economic with known facts there are never close up pics of the lugs included in the listing, which of course helps them cover up that fact, especially to the uninitiated buyer. Of course when the watch they're listing is mint, or BNIB there's copious amounts of lug pics from every conceivable angle, and unpolished is written clearly in the description. Trusted seller is NOT an official Rolex Forum term, for good reason. If you're buying a used watch imho ask all the questions that you can because the descriptions on used watches are only as good as the seller wants them to be. Some TS clearly state unpolished/polished in their used watch ads, their listing words are thorough and honest, I personally go to those guys first. YMMV
Very well stated! I have started to weed out my "trusted seller list". I prefer a private seller not in the biz most of the time.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote