View Single Post
Old 24 August 2017, 05:54 PM   #14
Benjo74
"TRF" Member

Need help choosing the Last Rolex

I think the BLNR and 114060 are different enough. Yes, to a non-watch person they look similar but the clasp, brushed bracelet, clean dial and less cluttered bezel make the 114060 a perfect daily wearer. In fact, this could suit most people as a one and only watch (as long as they stop visiting TRF and succumbing to temptation).

The BLNR on the other hand has a subtly more refined case (IMO, or perhaps that is down to the flatter case back), the polished links make it more dressy / formal (looks great with a suit), the added complications of date and GMT are both very useful (for me, anyway) and make for a more interesting piece, and the touch of blue adds another level of interest / variety.

I really think that BLNR and 114060 would be a great pair to own.

That said, I think this (below) is certainly worth considering given your thoughts about adding a blue dial. Yes it's not strictly a Rolex, but it is a great looking and high quality watch with Rolex DNA. However, it wears a bit too big for me so it wouldn't be in my collection, but you should try one on before ruling it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mementomori1983 View Post
Tudor Pelagos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benjo74 is offline   Reply With Quote