View Single Post
Old 8 September 2017, 02:05 AM   #27
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
I actually bought two new Rolex from two dealers a month ago.

One dealer, I feel that there is no "relationship" built. I bought the D-Blue from him at full retail. 3 weeks later, I asked about a BLNR he has in stock. Asked if there something he can do for me. He flat out said "No, $8950".

2nd dealer, perhaps there is "relationship". I flew to the city where the dealer is located (otherwise a 9 hour drive). Bought the watch at a good price. I intend to build a good relationship with this guy. I am not ready to make another watch purchase yet. So we shall see when the time comes.

I wonder do dealers treat you any different because you bought one SS Rolex from them. They will put you on the list for a Sky D or Daytona, but it is really no different from any dealer that I have not done business put me on their list. I won't be moving to the front of the list. I am sure there are many customers who have bought 3, 4, or more PM watches that will get the preferential treatment.

depends on the AD. My AD got me a Patek 5712 in 9 days from when i asked for it. IMO relationships are about playing the long game, not short term discount strategies. Most if not all of us here will buy many more watches in the future at some point and to me not playing the waitlist game or paying over retail from a grey dealer is worth it. Im confident i could get a blue sky dweller for example reasonably shortly after requesting, it if and when i am ready to buy.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote