View Single Post
Old 5 October 2017, 02:12 AM   #45
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
For the first time? Hard to imagine someone spending so much on their first high end watch, though if the person was into watches I think he wouldn't need help choosing one, well maybe ask between different models, but if it is the case yes he should start by getting a few different ones but can't imagine 300k as a first high end watch, I used to think my price limit was 5k for watches, boy did that change, my "cheapest" is the 5711, at the same time I don't care about cars, love my bike but can't imagine making a custom one for 40-50k, so watches it was, but even 5 is a little much for me, will probably go down to 4 some day...
My friend had an issue where he was looking for reasons to spend. Totally self made guy. Early 30s, frugal lifestyle, humble beginnings, tens of millions in the bank.

He was texting me all these complicated RM and Patek watches, agonizing for months. Finally, I sent him some pictures of simple good watches like SubC, GMTIIc, AP Diver, Aquanaut, Nautilus, etc.

He grabbed a BNIB blue dial 5711 at a premium and never looked back. One watch guy. Last 3 times I saw him, he paid the bill to make up for all the money I saved him
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote