View Single Post
Old 12 October 2017, 07:37 AM   #71
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Bob, I can't thank you enough for your valuable insight. Of course you would know my watch much better than Me (the actual owner) When I posted an incoming thread for this piece a year ago these were my exact words but I'm sure you already knew this...

"The case is 36mm which works well for my wrist. The dial has elements of the 5140 with the small 27 and 5 around the moonphase and the hour and minute hands for this piece are leaf hands which match the subdials when in the past Patek has chosen to use sword hands on their PCs for the hour and minute hands. They have chosen to use square hour markers for 3-5-7-9 which I do not believe has been done before. Also, The movement has the Geneva Seal on it vs the PP seal as this reference was retired in 2007. I also noticed at the bottom of the dial it does not say Swiss Made which I found interesting. My guess is they wanted to maximize the space on the dial and decided to forego that. All of these little details make the watch very interesting and special to Me."
Very polite response for an not to polite remark. Bravo to you.