View Single Post
Old 12 October 2017, 09:15 AM   #83
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alford78 View Post
The 5522 has had so much hate and so much hype at the same time. I loved the watch the first time I saw it for a very good reason. It's truly a unique piece that only displays the time and is fully lumed. Each applied numeral is clearly visible and even the seconds hand can be seen at a glance. There truly isn't another watch on the Earth that is even close to it in terms of quality. I've searched for hours upon hours for a no date, Arabic gold/metal applied numerals that are lumed, 12 complete numbers, lumed hands, and plain dial (blue would be great) but there just aren't any other watches like this. I've found a couple sub $2000 watches that are close but they are smaller and don't meet some of the above criteria. So it is truly a LE in its own right not just a Patek LE.

Sorry for the rant but at this point I just want a similar styled plain watch which seems like a unicorn since I'll never be able to buy the 5522.

This is the closest I've found (as I also like simple watches). Not a Patek, however still a very respectable piece in that tier. Glashütte Original actually has some pretty nice finishing on a lot of models IMO: