View Single Post
Old 13 October 2017, 03:39 AM   #143
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
The new customer that TS speaks about are really those who have explored other Swiss watch brands and are starting to realize what is special with Patek. They are the future customer base that Patek is trying to attract and not those who are new to the world of Swiss watches. They will be introduced to Patek by a friend, a business colleague or a family member and will appreciate the brand and want to get a special piece like the 5522A. I do not feel Patek will alienate this group of people as long as they sense a true interest in the brand and not someone looking to make a quick buck on flip.
As I've said upthread - it's more than likely that many new customers to the brand will be interested in an Aquanaut or Nautilus. However, basically none are available at dealers, and are not generally available if you don't have an existing relationship with a Patek AD. Then the new customer has to play BS games with the AD to get that watch. I mean, it is possible that the potential customer will go to another Patek model, but more than likely they will just quit in frustration. I know I would, speaking from my experience of trying to get a 5712/1A from an AD - it just isn't going to happen in my country unless I'm a high roller/VIP at those ADs.

TS may have one vision - but the way ADs behave and reserve these pieces only for VIPs make me think otherwise.