View Single Post
Old 21 October 2017, 09:38 AM   #7
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Ah okay. I've been in there once - the service was pretty mediocre (i.e. the standard in HK).

My understanding in HK is that the other boutiques (Central Pedder Street, Causeway Bay, Elements, Ocean Centre, TST East) are just "boutiques" run by ADs - and they don't get stock of boutique-only pieces any more. When I was looking for a 15202 all 5 told me they weren't getting them, and the other 2 ADs (Carlson and Prince) also told me no chance. The 2 "boutiques" in Macau at the City of Dreams and the Parisian also told me no chance of getting a 15202.

IFC and Macau Wynn (both of which are AP-owned) had them (albeit sealed in the back and not in the display case), go figure.

PS: In my search I remember visiting the boutiques at Festival Walk and Star House... now they're no longer on the AP site, did they have their AD status revoked?
I’ve been well served at pretty much all the AD-run “boutiques” - even when I’ve trundled I’m wearing sports gear - very much agree that the stock they get does not compare to the AP-owned boutique.

I went into one of the ADs not dedicated to selling APs and, beyond finding the staff totally indifferent with limited to no enthusiasm for the brand, had to endure one of the salesmen clipping his nails in the background whim I tried to have my conversation - not pleasant!
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote