View Single Post
Old 26 October 2017, 08:08 PM   #43
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinswatch22 View Post
Hi All,

I am currently toying with the idea of swapping out my BLNR for an AP Royal Oak. I have had my BLNR for almost a year now and I do love it, it is a beautiful watch and wears amazingly, however I have always been a big Royal Oak fan and I'm at a point where they are in reach. The kicker is that I would also have to add my Speedy Pro to the BLNR in the swap in order to pick up the Royal Oak, which is another great and iconic piece.

I was wondering if any of you have had the experience of owning or wearing both the BLNR and Royal Oak and what your thoughts and impressions on the two watches are? Do you think it's worth swapping the BLNR and Speedy for a Royal Oak or do you think having the versatility of owning both the GMT and Chrono outweighs having just one AP? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
I have a GMT II and a RO. The GMT gets less than half of the wrist time the AP does. Different watches for sure, but the AP is more special. As far as bracelets go there is absolutely no comparison and the same goes for finishing quality.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote