View Single Post
Old 27 October 2017, 02:54 PM   #147
rexG
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I had a bad Paypal experience as a buyer. A transaction with someone in Hamburg Germany. I actually called PayPal to verify with them if the seller was legit and in good standing. The idiots said don’t worry, you’re protected and once you receive the item you have 3 days to have it checked out before his money is released. Well, I pulled the trigger...$7500 for a watch.....and I had a bad feeling from the get go....my mistake. All communication stopped from the seller and I immediately called Paypal to open file a claim. Once again I was reassured I was protected. Next day I escalated. Still no communication from seller. I called everyday. PayPal sends me an email saying they have received a tracking number from seller with my address on it. Ok....good...but I still was not contacted. Paypal tells me I lost the case because seller provided a valid Tracking number. Problem was, the package was sent to New York and I live in California. It did not matter to PayPal.....”it’s a valid tracking number and your case is closed”. Then I opened an “item not received” claim. Paypal contacts the seller (still does not matter to them that he had not contacted me once up to that point) and he somehow posts that the package has been forwarded and is on the way to California. “You’re case is closed...in favor of seller”. At this point I became very angry and spoke to several “supervisors” to no avail. Then, I went to the USPS. After much effort, found out the package was still in New York but had no proof. Then I got hold of a postal worker on duty. He was kind enough to take clear pictures of the package. Not surprisingly, it was addressed to someone else...sent by a different person. I submitted that proof and finally won the case. It took a month but I won. Needless to say, I will think twice as a buyer......and no way as a seller. Paypal is not safe. I feel safer wiring thousands of dollars to trusted sellers on TRF. Point is I guess.....keep fighting...call everyday.....don’t waste your time with an operator.....go straight to supervisors....and produce evidence if you have it. Good Luck!
rexG is offline   Reply With Quote