View Single Post
Old 11 November 2017, 07:21 AM   #205
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRWATCH View Post
I think the 16700 was the forgotten reference for quite a number of years .But now given most " Vintage " sports model Rolex references are too highly priced, people are now looking for Sports reference models that have had a shorter run or were overshadowed by a similar reference & it has definitely been the case with the 16700 . The 16710 has overshadowed the 16700 for a number of years now, & prices have risen accordingly especially for 16710s with 3186 movements but I think the time is here where the 16700 will start becoming more & more collectible given the smaller numbers produced ( I know there were probably a few hundred thousand produced but in Rolex terms of production its a drop in the ocean).

Of course Pictures are always good to see on any post , so here is my 16700 "A" serial from August 99 with different bezel options & I also have Oyster bracelet & full B&P & original receipt .

Would agree that sometimes it looks like the 16700 is in the shadow of the 16710, but it could well emerge to be as as popular over time, if it's not already there yet.
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote