View Single Post
Old 22 November 2017, 02:30 AM   #6
2Redbulls
"TRF" Member

Watch: I give up..
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Thinking of straying from Rolex due to no stock of almost all sport SS models and the insane wait times in my country for these i.e. years, not weeks/months to get one.

What are the wise members here opinion on the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms 5015-1130-52 ? Also, how long is the warranty on these ? The offical website is missing this info. (or I missed the page it is on......)

[edit. sorry, just seen a pic. in the thread below & it appears to be 2 year warranty, which seems rather short as Rolex & Omega offer 5 years now].

Looking to add it to my Submariner Date LN and Milgauss GV.
The BP FF 5015-1130-52 is the only watch I haven't flipped compared to all my Rolexes. Based on your watches, I get the impression clean design/symmetry is important to you. You will love the FF. It was fantastic presence. A beautiful dial that doesn't get enough credit and hands that are beautiful and extremely easy to pickup (probably my favorite of any watch).

Buy a preowned version and you don't have to worry about resale. Not sure what others say about service. In the United States, you send it in directly to BP just like for Rolex. Why bother going through an AD??

I personally love the sailcloth strap. Super comfortable and very robust. The FF has actually opened the door for me to two other Blancpain models. The Lemans Chronograph as an inexpensive Daytona replacement and the Aqualung as a substitute to the PP Aquanaut. I know others will poo-poo my suggestions but for 1/3 to 1/4 the price you get watches that serve the same purpose, have great movements and I could argue are just as functional and aesthetically beautiful.
2Redbulls is offline   Reply With Quote