View Single Post
Old 28 November 2017, 07:52 PM   #24
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
All I see is a (almost) factory fresh looking 5 digit GMT. Frankens are usually a banged up mish mash of parts. Pretty inconceiveable to me that anyone would mess around with a perfectly good GMT, or even parts from perfectly minty GMTs, retain the crispy finish, whack in a cheapo movement with incorrect hand stack, fart around with a new hologram + Intact ink model no. Not impossible but highly unlikely imo. The OP's disappearance is indeed strange. If this is an all out fake of Asian manufacture it goes down as the best I've seen and quite frightening!

Sad too say this is 100% fake. I see them all the time. I work on watches and they come across my desk for clients (Jewelry stores) they normally sport an ETA movement or a china version of an ETA which is what this hand stack is. They have gotten so good that they even have ones with correct hands stack. Stickers. I have about 6 down in my shop that I have taken off during cleaning of watches. I can put them on with a little glue. The insert isnt even good. Also look at the LEC on the bottom. When have you ever seen one that large? Never. It is all china. This isnt a Franklyn it is a replica. There are no rolex parts in this baby. This is off of a factory floor in China and worn a few times with the sticker.
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote