View Single Post
Old 12 December 2017, 06:34 AM   #15
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgSnowflake View Post
The real money is in retail. I’ve been in the cannabis industry as a full time job for the past 11 years and I’ve seen companies like those giant weed farms mentioned above come n go. I don’t think it will be around in 10 yrs from now. People don’t want commercial grade commercial packed cannabis, it’s trash. The individual farms that are turning out the top notch products that carry individual cultivation licenses that grow package and retail their own product are gonna run to the moon. I’m already seeeing it.

Member “VAPE” they had a CNBC special and it drives there stock up to like 40 bucks from pennies when they were first on the scene to make hash oil disposables.they thrived... But then times changed people got picky... realized the oil they were packing was complete trash and a giaaaant company went bust in a matter of months and trades for 7 cents a share now.

That’s what’s gonna happen with alpha farms n all those we grow 10m sq ft of cannabis companies. Days of commercial outdoor cannabis are numbered nobody wants it or the product derived from it because it’s garbage. And with legalization and the ability for these boutique like cannabis growers to now grow package and retail and ability to open up more n more Mom n pop shops will press those big farms that get publicly traded.

Think the ones to look out for are the Scotts n the Monsanto’s of the industry...the people that sell the products to grow the products that everybody wants...that biz will never die.
There are lots of ways to participate in the Cannabis industry, but have to disagree with your assessment. The smaller operators are the ones who struggle to raise financing. Longer term they will get squeezed with the continued shift towards edibles. Nobody cares what strain is in an edible. What you are talking about are craft growers and they will always have a small part of the overall market for flower.

The bigger picture is that scale drives down cost of production, lends itself to consistency, provides necessary capital to absorb smaller craft players, and expand into international markets.

Ultimately, large multinationals will pursue large scale producers/processors/retailers, not lots of cats and dog craft producers. Think big, not small when looking at the industry. It is so much bigger than a single retailer.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote