View Single Post
Old 14 December 2017, 05:11 AM   #27
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
Caveat emptor is right. Sounds like nothing more than a front man pushing an OTC stock.
Ummm...Nobody is pushing anything here. Just stating public facts about the global trend towards legalization. It IS happening...daily. Do some research for goodness sakes. Time Magazine even printed a Special Edition dedicated to Cannabis that was displayed on every grocery checkout stand in America last Spring.

This thread is an off-chute of a comment I made on a BitCoin thread about preferring to invest in Cannabis Stocks. My PM was burning up with people asking me to make the comment a separate discussion thread, so here we are. I’m not promoting anything, only answering questions with very detailed and accurate information from public sources, and my own private due diligence meetings, when I was looking to make Private Equity investments in several U.S. Medical Marijuana Dispensaries and Recreational Cannabis product manufacturer. Instead of tying money up with those companies for an unknown period of time, I have instead invested in 3 of the largest Canadian Cannabis companies, and am now just in Aphria based on current valuation.

BTW...most foreign companies trade OTC in the U.S., unless they list on an exchange. NO Cannabis companies are allowed to list on a U.S. exchange since it is still federally illegal. However, Aphria, Canopy, Aurora, MedReleaf are all Canadian companies, where Medical Marijuana IS legal, are publicly-listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Hence, trading OTC in the U.S.

These 4 companies are NOT pink sheet penny stocks. They each have market caps between $1.5-3.0 billion. There may be some scammy pink sheet Cannabis Cos out there, but these sure as heck aren’t them. If they were, Constellation Brands, the U.S. publicly-traded, maker of Corona, Modelo, Svedka Vodka, Kim Crawford Wines, etc. wouldn’t have invested $200MM into Canopy with warrants for another $200MM.

To the OP (financial advisor) who talks of me promoting stocks. He and I could have one hell of a debate about the inherent conflicts of interest within the investment industry, so he may not really want to go there. 26 years on Wall Street, and also grew up around it my whole life, so I’d be me more than happy to lift the veil on that racket if he’d like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7B663F65-756B-423B-97B8-1A976E3D6A2C.jpeg (291.1 KB, 151 views)
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote