View Single Post
Old 27 October 2008, 05:10 AM   #16
RsqVet

I see a few things here:

1. Tools is 100% correct, the modern watch is more "technical" than an old pocket watch, as we make any system more critical the upkeep becomes even more important. That being said I would never neglect an old watch either....

2. I have zero question in my mind that rolex has priced their service not based upon cost but based upon what their studies show we will pay. Welcome to the joy of marketing; because of this others in the market price lower than Rolex but perhaps higher than they would otherwise. My guess is that a service should be 250-300 for an automatic watch, the rest is just "extra" mark up

3. When it comes to service I'm more likely going to be loyal to rolex.... in other words I have no real issue with GM dealers and if you are not dumb it's hard to get screwed in the GM, you pay a price and get something that is relitivly easy to verify the value of. With service, I can not accurately access an orginization or the job they do servicing the watch. So unless I am in a pretty big market where there are independent shops that are well know, (i.e. NYC), more than likely I will turn to rolex.
RsqVet is offline   Reply With Quote