Thread: Price increase
View Single Post
Old 24 January 2018, 07:46 PM   #138
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chute View Post
This sucks. I was finally working myself up to spend $25k for a white 5711 if I could find one at msrp. Now that it’s almost thirty, I’m tapping out. It would’ve been nice to own a Patek but it’s not gonna happen now.
I sort of feel the same way, but I’m going to let my deposit ride for the 5711 blue and stay on the list. Almost 30 large is a hard pill to swallow for a SS sports watch with a date, but I really like this watch. And even with the stiff 20% increase, the watch will still be in high demand and grey market values will still be through the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
A member previously shared an interview in which TS speculated on the discontinuation of the existing Nautilus range, which in its current form has run rather long relative to normal life cycles. I am a little surprised that PP would announce such a stark price increase solely on the 5711/1A and 5712/1A at this juncture for 1 March 2018 implementation, with pricing on the broader collection to be advised at Baselworld which starts on the 22 March 2018. What is the logic of doing this in this manner? I wonder then if TS is perhaps about to discontinue or run out the 5711/1A and 5712/1A ranges and if this is a move to ensure that those final pieces are allocated to the brands strongest clients and at higher margins for the benefit of PP.

In any case, I certainly believe a similar price increase is coming for the 5711/1R, which would then be in line with the pricing for the AP RO 15202OR.
I’m surprised by the timing of the price increase as well. Price increase 3/1 on just these two models and Baselworld starts 3/22? What is the reasoning?