Thread: Goodbye AP ADs
View Single Post
Old 13 February 2018, 03:00 AM   #36
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Some of us are “real” customers (whatever that means) who have purchased from boutiques and ADs many, many times. But of course unless you buy from the same boutique each and every time AP doesn’t care. In this respect PP is better at keeping track of who truly supports the brand. But there really is no room in the AP brand anymore for those of us who only spend 50k’ish per year on APs. Not everything is about the discount.
this is true. Walking into APSC with 3 watches for service or pressure testing and another AP on my wrist. As far as they were concerned I bought them at walmart. AP clients get preferred treatment is the line there, i guess im not an AP client.... And i spent close to 100k on AP watches that year.

Its the attitude that turned me off and the general disinterest. Its not the boutique only model. In principle im fine with that, but from past experience i want to avoid dealing with AP directly so ive bought my last one rather than deal with them directly. Im fine with the watches... most of them anyway.

You dont have to discount a product people actually want no matter who is selling it. So the discount argument is a red herring in all of this to avoid the issue of certain design decisions and production numbers on certain watches.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote