Thread: Goodbye AP ADs
View Single Post
Old 13 February 2018, 04:10 AM   #49
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmoor View Post
It's pretty crazy times in the watch world. AP has issues with their 3126 movement and can't figure out a solution other than Service after the sale. Even if AP service has quick turn around times, it's not the best feeling sending in a new watch that cost over $30k retail within a few months of ownership. Add that to a first time buyer that goes to an AD to browse and the display case is empty. All these issues are turning away potential buyers. Now less ADs will make it even more difficult to browse. I guess if there are fewer ADs the boutiques will be overflowing with inventory so that's a bonus I guess
that is my problem recently. Im not making an appointment to look at watches and they dont really do that in a normal sense anyway. Its more "order a watch" and wait for it to come in. There had been about 5 or 6 AP's that i would have been interested in but its too hard to even see one let alone all 6. Worst part is unlike Patek, they dont have a place where they have all models on display (not for sale) to try on. Patek does this in geneva. I would have traveled there to try on watches, seriously.... but they dont even do that (at least in a place that is open to the public and not the invite only manufacture)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote