Thread: Goodbye AP ADs
View Single Post
Old 13 February 2018, 04:30 AM   #56
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I'm not sure, and part of the problem is the execution sucks. It's clearly a money grab by the company, which is fine, but they need some narrative of how this benefits customers at large.

It's obviously great for the .01% who have been paying full price at on boutique for awhile. The rest of us would have to spend feverishly to dislodge those customers already in place. When I've spoken to sales staff about that fact, their reaction ranges from smug to empathetic, but there's never talk about how this will benefit the other 99.99% of AP's loyal customers.

Are they committed to increasing quality? Are they committed to increasing value retention across more than 1 or 2 models?
despite my service issue with AP, i dont think the quality is taking a nosedive. Its still there. Service issues on new watches is strange, but they fix them well.

Its true that how this benefits the customer is vague. It seems like they are not interested with communication with this lack of information on monumental changes. Then we sit on forums and speculate. That is a problem. What do we get vs what we have to give up? Better waitlist procedures? More availability? Less grey market watches (which i think of as a positive)? Tell us.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote