View Single Post
Old 19 February 2018, 09:37 AM   #94
Portland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofsteel View Post

Also, many people who have only recently become Rolex fans did not "grow up" with the 5-digit Sub models, so there was no time for them to grow fond of the design. Many of the younger-generation Rolex consumers are mainly familiar & thus attached to the latest design. It's my guess that these folks comprise the majority of the market (& certainly the future market) for Subs, and will continue to identify Subs with those larger, square-jawed lugs.

I'm part of the newer generation of Rolex fans who prefers the current, more chunky/masculine design - at least on the Sub.

This is a really good point. I fall under the same umbrella. For me, the maxi case 6 digit is the sub of my generation. I guess it’s kinda like your favorite “James Bond” will vary depending on your generation.

It also doesn’t help that I’m a sentimental son of a gun. I bought my 116610LN brand new to commemorate a major milestone which makes it that much more special to me. What I don’t get is the hate. So it’s not your cup of tea, cool. There are plenty of other divers out there (not excluding the Rolex lineup) to chose from.
Portland is offline   Reply With Quote