View Single Post
Old 22 February 2018, 10:03 PM   #37
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierraxray View Post
hello and welcome to the isalnd!!!

Happy to see someone from the forum visiting the enchanted island. I have been living here for three years now. Sadly, the rain forest is not open yet to the public due to most of the trails are still not passable. The telescope is an awesome sight, along with Cabo Rojo and Rincon. The west has an extremely chill vibe and is spectacular around this time of year. Vieques and Culebra offer stunning, pristine beaches that are second to none in the region and may be accessed by ferry or air. Mostly all of the shops in Old San Juan are open, and the comfortable breezes this time of year make walking around most comfortable. I agree that dragonfly is a fine place to eat. A really nice place close to there is Marmalade, which offers multiple courses and wine pairings and a fantastic atmosphere.

Beautiful island and the people have been wonderful. Everyone is so helpful and grateful that we are here. I believe that everyone of the restaurant and shop workers/owners we have encountered has specifically said thank you for coming to the island when they found out that we were from Indiana.

The amount of english that is spoken is remarkable. Run into very few communication issues with our broken Spanish (at best) skills.

Will post up some pictures when I get them cleaned up and sorted.

We stayed at La Concha and did head down tot the Fort and Old San Juan. Great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote