View Single Post
Old 14 March 2018, 08:44 AM   #42
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaswentworth View Post
Hey guys... I'm sorry for posting things that are considered "click bait." I thought I was bringing something to the table, but I guess I have been more of an irritant to people than someone who was expressing joy and enthusiasm after falling in love with rolexforums.com.

I didn't mean to disrespect anyone. I have this sudden thirst for knowledge about Rolex. I was admonished today in the vintage forum and told to take some time off and do some reading on my own (to educate myself).

I had wrongly assumed that it was okay to ask experts, connoisseurs, and enthusiasts questions about Rolex watches... that it is better to become knowledgeable by oneself and then be able to carry on a conversation after having that knowledge. I had seen others ask questions, so I thought it was okay. I guess I kind of envisioned a social environment in which a new guy with some knowledge could approach others with questions. Sorry for my misconduct.

With regards to the photoshopping... I am really pumped about Basel and what might be released/changed. I was just trying to be playful with some of the photoshopped images. It wasn't meant to offend anyone. I'm kind of a joker/class clown type. I thought it would all be taken in a light-hearted manner. Apparently I was wrong in certain cases.

So thanks for the constructive criticism and pointing me in the right direction. I plan to stick around, of course, but will curtail my posting activity somewhat so that I don't end up making people super upset with me.

Sincerely,
Tom Wentworth
No need to apologize, Tom. I'm sorry if me calling your thread(s) clickbait came off as harsh - that wasn't my intention. I think we're all pretty excited about Basel and seeing threads that appear to be posing as legitimate or official Rolex news feels misleading when we click in and realize it's just someone having fun - which in and of itself is totally OK btw. Perhaps it would help to not try passing off threads as official Rolex news/Basel leaks so folks expectations are managed and they don't feel misled after the fact.

Please continue to contribute and ask questions - we're all here to share and learn from one another!
jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote