View Single Post
Old 20 March 2018, 02:09 PM   #68
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 36!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
So as some may know, I ended up purchasing an AMG GTs about a week or so ago.

At each stage, the service was less than to be desired. However, I know how important the surveys are to these guys. I wanted to, and felt it was important to provide feedback, but I also did not want to ruin anyones day. And the truth is, they all appeared to be working super hard to get it done right.

Everything was just a medley of errors.

1. The car was still in the show room when I arrived for my appointment to test drive it.
2. It took hours to get an appraisal on my car.
3. It took another hour to get numbers back on the whole deal.
4. When I arrived to pick it up, there was a rock chip on the hood.
5. While inspecting the car before signing the paperwork, another salesperson was showing it to someone else and put his hands all over it, marking it up considerably. He was also stating why that persons current car was better, more exclusive, and faster. The actual customer was a super nice guy.
6. The car was not cleaned before picking it up.
7. The finance guy took me 90 minutes after our scheduled appointment.
8. They could not figure out how to secure the temp plates.
9. The car did not have mats. They had to order and it took almost a week. When I arrived, at the designated time, they told me they could not find them. Took them over an hour to locate.
10. As I pulled out the key fob through an error that it was low on battery.

And maybe the worst part, the guy selling me the car knew nothing about the car. He was celebrating is 80th birthday the next day. Super nice guy. But...again, knew nothing about the car. And instead of saying I don't know. In many cases, he simply made stuff up that I found to be incorrect during my due diligence.

If any one of these happened, not such a big deal. But considering that they all happened in a chain of events, it was frustrating.

Again though, I did not want to ruin anyones day, and I certainly did not want to get anyone in trouble. Especially the nice guy that clearly needed the job.

So, when picking up my mats, I asked to speak with a manager. I started the conversation by stating that I was going to give them all 10's and yes's in the survey. BUT, that as a business owner, I would want the feedback.

I also stated that I loved my salesman and that he was a big reason I purchased the car from them. I really did not want to be responsible for him getting in trouble. I was very calm and polite, and I simply stated the facts.

He thanked me profusely and gave me his card stating that I could call him directly if I ever needed anything.

Overall, I think it was a good outcome. A new relationship. I got to voice my concerns, and no one gets hurt. I am glad it worked out this way.

Now, if someone would have just gotten me a free Diet Coke, it would have all been better.
Sir congratulations on the vehicle, and happy birthday as well!

I would like to commend you on your response to the service.

I'm a sales manager for a DFW Toyota location, so I would like to add to the business side a bit.

True service is dying very quickly. A vehicle, it doesn't matter if it's a $5,000 cash car or a multimillion dollar supercar, is typically the second largest purchase a person will ever make. It is a special event, and should be treated as such.

I have booted employees for not taking care of clients. It simply is not proper to do. Personally I've picked up clients at the airport, their home, even other states if needed, all to make their event special. Sadly, not everyone receives the same level of service from everyone.

Management NEEDS to know about less than stellar service. Your approach will make the most impact. Taking someone aside and letting them know what happened, and why your experience wasn't truly exceptional. They will take action posthaste.

When it comes to surveys, service or sales, people may say their family depends on it. I think it is in very poor taste to say it as such. However, they are not pulling your leg. I have actually been given a perfect "9's" survey, simply because my client didn't think that "everyone's perfect." Had I not possessed my rather extreme sense of frugality and conservative lifestyle, it potentially could have caused a rougher month.

I have also seen a very good sales professional get a few surveys to that nature in the same course of a month. Since he did not maintain an average of 96% or greater, he made roughly 1/4 of his standard monthly income. There was no unit bonus, nor Customer Satisfaction Index bonus. Believe it or not, were it not for manufacturer's and owners bonuses, the vast majority of automotive sales people make roughly $50-$70 per car that they sell. Hence the importance of the surveys.

TRF, do NOT get me wrong. I am not advocating for the reward of lack luster service. If you did not feel your experience was a 10/10, let the establishment know, in whichever way you prefer. If you would prefer to let it be known via survey, or management intervention, have at it. I am all for getting proper results for proper service.

When it comes to employee discipline, a word is handled swiftly with immediate action, for the betterment of the establishment. A poor survey is beating the entire place with the fist of an angry god.

I am simply thanking the OP for taking action in the way that he did, and addressing some of the follow up comments to give a bit of insight.

I shall not be responding anymore to this thread, nor reading any comments, but anyone should feel free to PM me.
KarlTheToyotaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote