View Single Post
Old 5 April 2018, 08:58 AM   #10
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
I think you have an itch that needs to be scratched. A PM itch. You want to go big, so forget this two watch scenario. I think you need to find the PM watch you like best under your $30K budget.

And it seems you are really focused on those two Rolex DDs, and rightfully so. I personally prefer the RG Olive dial, but the RG Sundust is beautiful as well. I would focus on those two and try each on multiple times with different types of outfits and decide which sings louder. And take pics!

Also, don’t worry about the casual clothes with a DD. I know from your other post you keep it stylish (smart casual) and a DD will pair just fine. I have rocked my friends YG DD with a t-shirt and dark denim and it’s a great look. Pull up some images of Shaun White in his DD while dressed casual but well. Looks awesome. Don’t even worry about not ever wearing suits. Non-issue.

Lastly, I am confused why the AP 15400 is in both the 1 watch and 2 watch scenarios? I get why it would be in the two watch scenario (it is about $10K less than the DDs) but why it would it be in the 1 watch scenario? BTW, I love AP Royal Oaks, and am actively trying to source a 15202 Jumbo blue dial. You may be too big for that though, so the 15400 would likely suit you better.
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote