View Single Post
Old 17 April 2018, 02:52 AM   #30
Pudsey bear
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb View Post
Now this is interesting,watch was there and I wasn't dreaming.They do not put watches in window that are spoken for.I bet this is because it was a phone enquiry.I bought a BLNR from this dealer and had a choice between that and a sub LV.Both were in the window.The tale I got was they phoned everyone on the list for the BLNR and no one was ready to purchase.
One AD I deal with is paranoid about selling to anyone out of the area,particularly anyone from London due to flippers.I thought Fraser Hart may be a little different,obviously not.
Further to my original post,TT subs especially the bluesy are a rare sight in the UK,I know that must seem unbelievable to our friends across the pond,but the UK really feels like "The land that Rolex forgot"
No of course I don't doubt you mate. How common is it to see BLNRs and Hulks on the window (EDIT: or was that a long time ago)? I might go up there if Subs/GMTs are common to see in the window.

I agree with you though that ADs aren't keen on enquiries of popular watches by phone calls or emails.
Pudsey bear is offline   Reply With Quote