View Single Post
Old 22 April 2018, 10:21 AM   #6
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
Jeweler's Mutual quoted nearly 2.5% for my collection.

SF offered a rider to my homeowner's for just under 1% with a $100 deductible, but the quote I was provided specifically excluded anything taken with me on international travel (didn't bother reading the fine print to figure out domestic travel coverage or any other limitations).

I don't insure my collection because these rates don't make any sense to me.

Compared to my auto insurance and homeowner's insurance? Yeah, that's really damn high. I guess the point is that watches are big targets, easily stolen, and are 100% loss when an incident happens.

My statement obviously wasn’t ‘in comparison’ to auto and home. It was in comparison to all other’s policies for their watches But since we’re here, what insurance do you have that’s less than 1%? I’d love to know where I could have gotten complete comprehensive on a $50k car for less than $500 a year lol.

It really doesn’t make any sense that you blatantly say watches are ‘big targets’ and ‘easily stolen’, yet you choose not to have insurance coverage because of the price. You’ll think 1% was a godsend if something actually does happen...I can’t imagine having any piece over $5000 and not insuring it.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote