Thread: 5522A Fails
View Single Post
Old 23 April 2018, 03:10 PM   #85
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taeham View Post
I think the stock market will correct this year but not enough to hurt the watch market. Come 2020, we'll see which brand will stand the hard time. My bet is a few PP pieces and rolex will do ok, but others will suffer big.
Hate them or love them, Rolex will always at the minimum, be 'ok'. In practically every part of the world, from rags to riches, people know what a Rolex is. Their sales may dip, but they'll make it through without issue.

I'm in agreement about the market though. I can't wait for the market to correct, which will in turn (I hope) put a halt to this absolutely ridiculous stainless sport-watch buying spree Rolex and PP are currently experiencing. It's bringing people to the table who never cared about watches before, solely looking to flip, or just wear while it's hot, then flip. What I can wait for, is the loss of employment and families affected by said major corrections. That's no laughing matter, and always comes along with what I believe is going to be a pretty stark correction.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote