Thread: Blancpain FF
View Single Post
Old 8 May 2018, 07:01 AM   #55
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_ View Post
Good point, but the fact that my ff is difficult to perform in cosc doesn’t mean that the 1315 calibre is not accurate. I’m sure that other owners have better experience.
Fair point. I was responding to your comment at face value, but recognize it's just one data point, and not something upon which to draw a firm conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_ View Post
If accuracy is everything, perhaps rolex is easier to adjust. But then there are other options, more accurate, like springdrive gs. And then high end quartz of course. It is a combination of factors.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's everything. If it were, I'd wear a radio-controlled watch and be done with it. Since I opt to wear a mechanical watch, obviously I'm willing to accept a certain amount of inaccuracy. Having said that, my Sub Date is typically accurate to between +0.5 to +1spd. Given that, I don't feel like I'm compromising much in the way of accuracy by wearing a mechanical. I would feel a greater sense of compromise with a movement I couldn't keep regulated at least to within COSC specs. Technically my Sub is still more correct after a week than your FF is in a day. On an apples-to-apples basis, that's a pretty big difference.

I'm not slamming the FF. I was just relaying my own feelings about it relative to the Sub, since there was a time I really considered the FF as a diver ne plus ultra, and the one watch I possibly coveted more than the Sub. For that reason, the comparison may carry more weight for me than for others. I still think the FF is a magnificent watch in its own right, but in practical terms, what I've read here indicates the Sub was the right choice for me. I can absolutely appreciate why others would covet the FF.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote