View Single Post
Old 28 May 2018, 10:19 AM   #5
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcourt View Post
the 1312 replaces the 312

if you want a 312 there are lots of them out there....if you wanted a new one there was plenty of time to get one.
I have a friend shopping for a 312/320/233, just been helping him out over the past few weeks. I just think it's incredibly odd they would disco the 312. I for one, think this entire 'blue second hand' line cheapens the entire watch. It looks like a gimmick. I first got into Panerai 8 or so years ago because of its flat, monotone, unlike anything else on the market dials. Now they're going to push away from that with these second hands, 'due' line, etc?

Others will disagree I'm sure, but I think Panerai is massively failing at 'fixing' itself after it peaked 5-6 years ago. I for one, I'm glad I sold mine back then. I truly wish they would have stuck with a limited amount of models, raised prices and focused on improving quality/repair time. Instead, they decided to flood the market, release a ridiculous amount of models, not improve repair time while simultaneously raising prices. I guess that's why we're where we are. Kind of makes me sad.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote