View Single Post
Old 1 June 2018, 06:09 AM   #131
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
Very nice pix but I still cannot get over the diamond begets. I've tried it on in person and it's just not for me. Wish the wife liked it then I could take it for a spin here and there but no dice. Great pix tho
I'm sure it's not for everyone. One thing I will absolutely vouch for is I was deciding between the diamond baguette version of the Platona and the regular one and the regular Platona won by a mile for me when comparing them side by side. I am not a diamond guy @ all. I wasn't totally convinced from pictures (although gorgeous from Steve/nyc2la) but when I saw the watch in person....it was clearly a non-issue for me. My wife also concurred she couldn't even tell it had diamonds as markers until I pointed it out. It fits very well and is extremely subtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyhand View Post
A different shot in the sunlight.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Very beautiful! Wear in good health!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek737 View Post
Wow... Just an incredible looking watch... You did well!!!

If you get some time tell us the story about choosing this model and did it take a long time to acquire it...
Unfortunately as much as I wish for a romantic story like some with their watch acquisitions.....it just wasn't that dramatic hah. Basically I've been eyeing the watch for months and asking around (especially talking with nyc2la) for information/living vicariously......during which what sealed the deal was the video comparison between a Speedmaster and the 5170 from Patek.....it astounded me what detail they went through to achieve this movement in house and to be able to reduce the thinness to something so sleek/wearable was the deciding factor for me over the datograph (which I was also heavily drawn to comparing chronographs on this level). It was funny because this is right after I swore up and down I didn't need such a fancy chronograph coming from more sporty choices like the Speedmaster and Daytonas.

After the decision was made.....one fateful day I saw an instagram from one of my buddies that's a grey seller and I immediately messaged him and made a deal. Rest was just timing of payment and making things happen....and now I am just all smiles ear and ear entering the Patek arena. Won't be the last unfortunately for my wallet. Glad to be part of the family!
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote