View Single Post
Old 14 June 2018, 02:15 AM   #91
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I heartily agree you. I actually don’t really like T20 and I have watched England Test matches every Summer for 25 years and go to matches when I can. But most rational people think Test match cricket is insane. 5 days long and a result isn’t guaranteed?! A whole match can be rained off?! The players stop for tea?! Try selling that to an American.

T20 is the gateway ganja to the psychosis-inducing crack that is Test cricket. Actually that is a terrible metaphor, but you get the idea.
Sorry, I think I gave the wrong impression, I agree with you on the T20 or one day game for those wanting to get into the game. I also think that you are right about a draw and a game getting rained off. But a good test can go one way then the other and build up into a fabulous climax. I don't know how many times I have come back from work to see that England have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sorry if I didnt make myself clear before, you were right, I would have said the same thing if you hadn't said it first.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote