View Single Post
Old 15 June 2018, 02:32 AM   #94
juniorlawrence
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
These are the statements I don't get. Flip the script, you sell me a watch for $10k, I get the package and claim it's empty, but you know in your head 100% that you sent me the watch. You're telling me, you would just *immediately* refund me $10k out of pocket, that's that, perhaps I'm lying but who cares, and you'll figure it out on your end?

Right. A lot of you seem to be suggesting the seller do things, that you know good and well you wouldn't replicate yourself in the same situation.
If I was selling a watch/this expensive you better believe I would have some documented "proof"/video of the watch being packed in the box (with signed tape) and UPS or whoever is shipping it with signed Tape around the box so if it is indeed "tampered" "opened" with in transition then it would be obvious. Also I would get the insurance as a seller and bake this into the profit/loss of the transaction.

(Also lets be intellectually honest what percentage of packages sent through the mail are tampered with? .1%) So if you think the buyer is just trying to scam the seller (I think it is usually the other way around) then as the seller I would wait for a bit as I work on the insurance claim but keep the buyer in the loop.
juniorlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote