View Single Post
Old 15 June 2018, 06:22 AM   #124
helo008
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
There is no way on earth that the watch with accessories pictured in the advertisement, plus the large-ish 8x8x8 shipping box was <= 2 pounds. No chance. As I mentioned earlier, this package should have been at least 2lb 8oz and it seems pretty unbelievable that it'd get rounded down to 2 pounds.

Yeah, I just measured 5.5 oz with one link removed.
Thanks KingSubTT and NKflyer for your help, and going out of your way to measure the weight of your own GMTs. It’s extremely helpful and I really appreciate it.

To clarify, the seller has sent me a copy of the original UPS receipt and the actual weight of the package is 1 lb 15.5 oz as recorded there. UPS rounded the weight to 2.00 lbs on the tracking but it appears the original weight is actually 1 lb 15.5 oz (1.969lbs).

I took the package to the UPS store near me today and weighed it, and it clocked in at 2.15lbs (2lbs 2.4oz), as seen in the image I linked earlier. I assume calibration explains the small discrepancy but if the watch were removed, the weight of the package should be lower than the original 1 lb 15.5 oz, not higher. At no point did the package weigh the suggested 2 lbs 8 oz.
helo008 is offline   Reply With Quote