View Single Post
Old 22 July 2018, 04:17 PM   #1
Reinhard in SA
"TRF" Member

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures

Apologies in advance for the long winded post.

The first watch that got me to an AD and had me considering spending a ludicrous amount of money on a watch was the 116610LV. That green sunburst dial stuck with me and not too long after I returned to the store to discuss purchasing one. Through a series of events I ended up getting a BLNR instead.

The SubLV stuck with me though, so when rumours started that it may be discontinued I realised I had to fast track my plans to get one. I ended up selling 2 ETA BBN and a Planet Ocean, put my name down with the AD where I got the BLNR and waited. Anyway with the SS shortage my chances were looking slim and another AD I spoke to wanted to do package deal etc etc. I spread my net quite a bit further and this past Monday morning at 07:30 "I missed the call" Got hold of the AD later and organised to come and get my SubLV.

This involved an early Saturday morning, 2 hour flight. A mate who is a fellow WIS got me from the airport and took me to the AD. We got to try on the BB GMT as well (lovely watch) and I FINALLY got my 116610LV. Sized it late last night and I am loving it! Once I have some daylight I will set about removing all the stickers. I think I got the clasp centered pretty nicely. 7 inch wrist, so I removed one link from each size and it seems to have done the trick. Some pics to make up for the long winded post:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg flight.jpeg (53.3 KB, 1678 views)
File Type: jpeg tudor.jpeg (87.6 KB, 1670 views)
File Type: jpeg coffin.jpeg (77.6 KB, 1676 views)
File Type: jpeg dial.jpeg (70.7 KB, 1665 views)
File Type: jpeg clasp.jpeg (66.0 KB, 1663 views)
Reinhard in SA is offline   Reply With Quote