View Single Post
Old 27 July 2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Lol-x
Facilitator

GMT 126710 Jubilation - Thanks DavidSW

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said before....

Thank you DavidSW for selling me this watch and the impeccable shipping and delivery.

Straight out of the box, slapped on the wrist, no bracelet adjustment necessary, thank you Rolex for this tailor made timepiece.

GMT-TrueColour.jpg
This is the closest colour I would say to true life colour of the bezel.

GMTClaspProtection.jpg
Within 5 mins I'd put scratches on the clasp from typing and it touching my desk, so I had to take a slight protective measure with my proprietary adhesive. After all the plastic was removed by the dealer, but that doesn't matter, this is a watch to wear day in day out because it is just so beautiful, functional and comfortable.

RolexBLROArt.jpg
Somehow I hit the artistic effect button on my camera, so I tossed this photo in for good measure.

GMTHand.jpg
This is a rare bird and as they say "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush." Except that I did pay for 2 and got one. But remember its not money thrown away, as this is what they cost and unless you are a VIP and even they you would be lucky not to be required to buy a bunch of other watches along with the GMT.

I have no regrets, and on the contrary I have to say in the first 24 hours of ownership it is a pretty special tingling feeling to be able to have this watch.

I had the first (green hand) ceramic GMT for a while but I just did not find it comfortable. However, that is not the case (pardon the pun) at all now with the new case/lug design. The watch seems to sit much flatter and into my wrist, which I think may be the function of the flat casebook and the jubilee bracelet.

The colours of the bezel are so reminiscent of a 1675 vintage GMT with just a little ageing fade. Its soo cool, its like new but old.

The new movement is 'chronometry' amazing with the 70 hour power reserve in part attributable to the revised escapement.

I feel very humbled and privileged to wear this watch and I give it a

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote