View Single Post
Old 28 July 2018, 03:32 PM   #3
ABQAnthony
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maanu View Post
You are a very lucky person because the seller accepted the return because EBay is the worst place to buy anything. I bought so much stuff recently at EBay and once I opened a return case with them, they closed my case without any reason.

There are more horror stories I have seen like people jacking up the bids so they play with your mind on winning the thing vs thinking logically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm done on eBay i'll pay the extra from a reputable source, figuring my loss in shipping it would've only been a couple hundred more from a reputable place... I know I know... it's all over the forums "buy the seller first". Convinced here!

On Ebay (actually, anywhere) I always use a credit card. Chargeback for counterfeit merchandise with confirmation from the manufacturer is a near unbeatable case on the merchant. NEVER EVER EVER pay with Debit on eBay otherwise you're stuck with the "protection" offered by eBay and PayPal.

I'm a special kind of stupid and this is my second go at eBay with a counterfeit.. the first one the seller accepted the return then told me he didn't have the money anymore to refund me. PayPal essentially told me that they'd keep trying to recover from his account, a 10 minute call with my CC company the charge was removed from my statement and about 45 days later a final 'verdict' making the refund official.

Per my credit card company "we don't care if he doesn't have the money, we'll take it from the processor and they can deal with collecting from him". DONE DONE DONE buying from eBay!
ABQAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote