View Single Post
Old 8 August 2018, 05:15 AM   #8
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLouie View Post
Hello TRF,

I'm going on a road trip to New England area and Canada and was wondering is there some watch related must-to-do-stops in the way I should make.

We are flying in to New York and will rent a car from there. The stops we are planning to do are:
1. New Haven, CT
2. Boston, MA
3. Kittery, ME
4. Burlington, VT
5. Montreal
6. Ottawa
7. Toronto
8. Lancaster, PA
9. New York City, NY

I know the places to visit in NYC, but the others are unknown territory for me.

Here's a pic of my Sky-Dweller to make this post more Rolex related
In the Boston area, you may be able to find some historic exhibits related to the Waltham Watch Company (in Waltham, MA), and possibly the E. Howard & Co. Watch & Clock Company. I'm aware that one of Waltham's old buildings still exists and has been converted to mix of retail and offices, but I have never investigated whether there are historic exhibits in Waltham or if there are any in Boston for E. Howard & Co., who produced very fine watches and clocks.

The must-do in Lancaster, PA is a visit to RGM Watches! Roland Murphy has been producing interesting watches based on Swiss ebauches and vintage American pocket watch movements since the early 1990s, and then a few years ago he began producing a manufacture movement right there in Lancaster (RGM Caliber 801). Really fantastic stuff!

http://www.rgmwatches.com/

Hope you enjoy touring New England
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote