View Single Post
Old 3 September 2018, 05:13 PM   #17
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member

I first got into GS 4 years ago and have noticed a significant increase in interest since then. It seems to be a combination of increasing attention on watch blogs/forums (e.g., here and sites like Hodinkee), and Seiko's own marketing efforts, particularly in the last year when it spun off GS as separate brand. Say what you will about Hodinkee, but there's no denying they get a lot of eyeballs and therefore have some influence on watch enthusiasts.

I'm glad that Seiko and GS is getting more recognition, but the downside is that GS and Seiko have been increasing prices, and some limited edition GS and Seiko watches must now be reserved ahead of time.

Besides the quality of the watches, GS and Seiko ADs also seem to value your business and appreciate your interest. I have enjoyed my GS and Seiko purchasing experiences much more than any experience I have had trying to buy Rolex (sport models), AP, and Patek. With those brands, it's like you're begging them to let you buy their watches, unless you're someone who can spend six figures annually on their brand. It seems that many luxury watch brands these days are more interested in creating hype by artificially limiting production, than making sure all their customers (not just the big spenders) are happy.
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote