View Single Post
Old 24 September 2018, 04:47 AM   #9
jvacc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
All sellers open a watch they buy or take in trade. You should know why, right? It’s the only way to verify the movement isn’t some replica.

The word “mint” isn’t a standardized watchmaking term. Nor is unpolished, untouched, original, running strong, etc.

The thing about the resale marketplace is this: Trusted Sellers are not Perfect Sellers. The difference to the buyer is what that seller will do when a promised outcome misses the mark.

As for the advice you asked about...it may be too soon in your watch collecting calling to buy on the open market. An AD is likely your best choice for now.

On the sell side, you could attempt a direct deal on TRF using your own listing. It may fetch the beat deal and allow you to try your hand at that portion. Or you could wholesale it to one of the trusted sellers on TRF.

In either case good luck in your quest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That clears up a lot of my uncertainty - thank you. I understand the TS will do what it takes to make things right when a watch misses the mark. However - the hassle of buying from overseas (US to London) means this hassle would be a lot of time/expense/stress (especially if having to request a refund from UK customs, etc).

I may try and sell my watch on TRF, its a good suggestion. I agree I may be best to use an AD for the used Rolex I'm after - as I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks everyone for the informative replies!!
jvacc is offline   Reply With Quote