View Single Post
Old 1 October 2018, 12:16 PM   #64
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
It's not only a question of what strap it comes on, but I can assure you that while this is an awesome watch, under the scrutiny of a loupe, it doesn't come close to the fit & finish of a GS. The SLA017 is also not perfect but then again, the price was roughly 2K lower. I understand that the Hi-Beat is a remarkable movement, but for less than an add'l grand you could enjoy it in a finely finished GS

As I noted above, a most awesome reference but sadly, not quite on par with a GS, at least not in my personal experience...

So I'll start off with... (queue in Ennio Morricone's soundtrack) ...the Good
Maybe all that is true considering fit/finish of the SLA025 vs GS, but to me, I've got to absolutely love the look of the watch. To me, there's not a GS on the market that is on par with the vintage good looks of the SLA025. I've really wanted to love the GS line, but for whatever reason, there's always a pretty major aesthetic deal-breaker on any GS I've looked at. Not so with the SLA025...I pretty much love everything about it. But again, that's just like my opinion, man...
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote