View Single Post
Old 14 October 2018, 01:19 PM   #87
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
I need to get an "Uncle Seiko" tropical. just one question to any who already own it - is it "easier going" on the wrist compared to the OEM strap? I love the OEM on my SLA017 but the SLA025 is too heavy, making the OEM strap grab at my skin...

I tried both a 20mm & 18mm (pictured) stock NATO today but it doesn't look good. The 20mm is simply too wide & looks silly at the lugs. The 18mm is too thin, revealing the spring bars, but even worse is that the strap looks "fragile" compared to the SLA025's thick & wide case. At least the OEM's thickness (height) gives it a little more "weight", optically... .

I was thinking Uncle Seiko tropical too...but no experience with it (yet). Ironically, I just ordered an US president a few days ago for my 6105 simply because I love metal bracelets on my watches and the US president offered SEL (wow!). My current aftermarket oyster has hollow end links and don't really line up w/ the lugs/case properly. I love the bracelet, just not the look of the endlinks. I can't wait to see how the SEL president fits my 6105.

It arrived today in the mail...I'll check it out when I get home late tonight. US also included a 19mm tropical (or maybe it was a waffle) free w/ the president purchase. If it's a tropical, I'll let you know how it feels.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote