View Single Post
Old 25 October 2018, 07:24 AM   #99
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Yah I have asked my AD a new bracelet for my new mil spec, and she quoted me around usd $2000, wow $2k usd for a bracelet?!

Anyway, USD $18950 on Watchbox for a used mil spec is steep..

Try your AD first, but I think it also depends on your location. Here’s my experience

I live in Sydney, Australia and my local AD has a good relationship with Blancpain (I was invited to Blancpain dinner months ago and that’s how I got to know this brand more).
They were able to get me BOC3, but wasn’t able to offer a mil spec when I asked twice. (Australia around $12k USD)

So I tried Shanghai and Taiwan boutiques, Shanghai happened to have one but the price is around $14k USD after tax refund.

Taiwan boutiques - they didn’t have it, but I could get around USD$13k if available and they asked me to make a full payment which I did. They said it would increase the chance of getting it, but after a month, no luck. They can see stocks but no store would let it go.

That’s why I ended up going back to Shanghai

So my guess, if your AD doesn’t have it, they can request it, but very slim chance (I have tried my AD and a boutique with full payment made).

Or maybe exchange rate is a factor too? Aus and Taiwan retail is well below USD retail price, so that’s why they can’t get it? I don’t know, just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ialienam is offline   Reply With Quote