View Single Post
Old 9 November 2018, 10:58 AM   #99
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
I feel like in that situation the ridges would take the brunt of the damage... I also am of the opinion that this is not a dent as it is too smooth to be a dent... I feel like the metal would be left with sharp corners if it had actually taken a strong enough hit to cause a dent... also, two hits concentrated on different areas of the crown??? No one hit can accomplish both impressions without affecting other areas of the crown...

This looks like the crown has been polished down... why would someone do that??? Maybe they were trying to remove a small imperfection and made things worse... I dunno but definitely have never seen this kind of damage concentrated on the crown... I also think that this kind of damage is very easy to overlook by both original seller and buyer if the rest of the watch is mint...
Meh, there is absolutely no reason to "polish down" a crown - so that is out the window!

It is more plausible that it was dropped to a floor, prolly a tile floor, and it bounced. "That," I would believe before some nut put a Dremel to the crown !

Besides, ROLEX warranted the damage "enough" to install a new tube, so an "impact" is more likely what happened, indeed~

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote